Scotia Capital analyst Gus Papageorgiou estimated that lost revenues could be in the ballpark of $117.7 million, or $0.22 per share, but that RIM should have the crisis under control by the weekend. The costs however, do not include the possibility of shaken faith from RIM's top enterprise users, who rely on BlackBerry products and services for day-to-day operations. RIM co-chief Mike Lazaridis issued a public apology on Thursday in which co-CEO Mike Lazaridis said RIM was “working around the clock to fix this,” and the company stated a few hours later that service had been fully restored.
Related Post:
BlackBerry News
- Nielsen: BlackBerry nearly a non-factor in Q2, Android and iOS take top spots
- BlackBerry remains top smartphone in Washington
- Apple and Google's OS share slides in March as BlackBerry shows narrow gain
- BlackBerry dealt another blow as government agency opts for iPhones, Android
- HTC Sensation XL, Nokia C3, BlackBerry Torch 9810, Samsung Galaxy Mini discontinued by Vodafone UK
- RIM's recent marketing blitz deemed a bust; BlackBerry 7 sales weakened in January
- Bold or old? Who is the real Team BlackBerry? [HUMOR]
- BlackBerry 10 open to licensing says RIM's new CEO
- RIM's rumored 2012 roadmap includes two new PlayBook tablets, one BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- BlackBerry roadmap reveals two tablets and BlackBerry 10 smartphone (leak)